Friday, March 26, 2010

Remember Our Heritage

Well, I bet you thought you would never hear from me again since it has been so long! It will take a lot more than time to get rid of me. I have just been going through many life changes and it has side-tracked me for a while. I usually write about things dealing with food and weight loss and how God has been talking with me over my food addiction, but today I thought I would change it up. Many of us are moving rather quickly into a new phase of our lives and there have been many lessons to learn with all the outside influences that have been bombarding us lately. The phase I speak of is Retirement. Things were moving right along as we had purchased our retirement home down South, getting our finances under control, and planning our R-Date for the countdown. My husband would name the R-date as this 'RDOR'--Richard's-date-of-retirement. I know, I know....He's a goof-ball! Got to love him anyway.LOL Let me get back on track...as time went along I was blessed with a pretty flexible part time job along with my full time job. Then things started to fall apart--trying to remodel a house from 1500 miles away is not easy! And it is still a work in progress. Our finances took a big hit too! My husband's job became quite shakey plus he had to take a hefty pay cut. This in turn put a big burden on our finances--we won't be where we planned to be by R-date. And now my part time job is critically needed instead of being extra money. And isn't it amazing how our purse seems to get slammed the hardest--my husband needs $2400 worth of dental work done(broke a tooth), my vehicle needed $1440 of work done to get my car inspected, and when I did our taxes this year, we owe $1551 in taxes! Needless to say I was in tears. Retirement never looked so far away or so gloomy. To make matters worse the political news is not much better. How can we not be depress over such a state we see before us? As I was voicing my woes to my daughter, Amanda, she kept saying God will take care of you and God has a plan. I agreed with her but added I wish God would let me in on his plan so I would quit stressing over everything. Then she was quick to remind me of all the different situations in the Bible like Abraham who was told to go but not given a destination, or Esther who became Queen and was given no advanced warning of what was to come and how to handle it, or Abraham and Sarah when God told them they would have a son and waited soooooooo many years before it happened, or when Jesus told His disciples to go to Galilee and wait. Just wait and trust in the Lord. When did she get so smart?! She made me realize that I am not really alone and that I stand in great company. I am a believer and a child of God. How could I think that God would do any less for me? God loves us all the same and He will protect and prosper me and my family as He did with Abraham, Sarah, Esther, and all the Disciples. Some times we have to have someone remind us of our heritage but also we have to have ears to hear. Today I pray that someone comes to each of you to remind you of your heritage and that your ears are open to hear the words that God is bringing you.

God Bless and prosper you until we talk again.

Shalom,
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment