Thursday, June 25, 2009

Prodigal Daughter, cont.

Good Morning Ladies! This is a continuation of my previous posting. God has been showing me things about my dog training classes on Thrusday nights. That just goes to show that God wants to be and is involved in every part of our life. As an assistant I try to be early to class to help set up, and during the class I give my full attention to the students and the instructor. That way I know what is going on and ready to help. The instructor does not have to look for me and ask if I will do something. I am there and I am ready. Mean while, the other two assistants come right at class time, they visit with each other and don't pay attention to the class or the students unless asked. Many times they are busy visiting and talking on their cell phones. The instructor has to look around to find them and ask if they will help with the class.

What God is showing me is that if I had gone in several weeks ago screaming and yelling about these two assistants and putting them down because of their unfaithfullness would have made me look bad. I would have looked liked a spoiled prema-donna, thinking how great I am. Instead, God tells us to be still and let Him go before us to do the battle. We don't have to do a thing except be faithful to God and do His will. Now don't you think that the instructor sees what is going on too? Our fruit that is produced smells sweet and attracts the right attention. I want what God wants for me because it is always the best.

God is even involved with our weight loss. He wants us to be healthy and live a long life. And just a side note, I did much better this week at weigh-in. I lost 1.8 lbs by weighing and measuring my food, being more diligent keeping my diary, and re-calculating my food points. How did you all do this week? If you did not do well, don't beat yourself up. It is a new day--start again.

Keep up the good work and I will be talking to less of you next week.

Your Sister In Christ,
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne,
    Weigh in was today and I lost a little. The sentence you wrote, <<< Now don't you think that the instructor sees what is going on too? >>> is getting me thinking. Our fruit gets noticed whether or not someone mentions it or not. The being still part is hard.

    ReplyDelete